Post Title: Event Organizer (Expired)
Terms of Reference
Project Name: Strengthening PRS Monitoring Project (SPRSMP), Finance Division Government of Pakistan
Post Title: Event Organizer
Duty Station: Islamabad
Duration: June 1 – August 30, 2011
Posted on: May 19, 2011
Last Date to Apply: May 26, 2011
SPRSMP in an endavour to document the time use patterns of Pakistani men, women, adolescents and children, conducted the first ever national Time Use Survey of Pakistan (2007) covering 19,400 households and 38,600 respondents. The survey provided wealth of interesting data and evidence on hitherto unexplored, multiple dimensions of the time spent by respondents in rural and urban settings on economic, non-economic and para-economic activities.
To make use of TUS data to inform policy making and develop linkages with poverty reduction efforts of Government of Pakistan, six research studies were commissioned in early 2010 which subsequently were completed in 2011. SPRSMP intends to disseminate the research studies to a wider audience; Academia, multilateral Development partners, Civil Society, concerned ministries and Government officials. The scale and scope of workshop requires to engage a person on full time basis to assist with all the arrangements related to holding the workshop and some post workshop needs.
The support person will be required to perform following duties and deliverables:
Responsibilities and Deliverables: The support person will perform all the functions related to organizing the Dissemination workshop of TUS research studies. More specifically following duties will be expected from him/her:
1. To finalise the list of participants in consultation with SPRSMP staff
2. Drafting invitation letters
3. Sending invitations and taking confirmations from all the invitees
4. Follow-up of the confirmations
5. Preparations of folders for the workshop
6. Writing speeches for Chief Guest, Key note speakers, Welcome addresses
7. Preparation of cue sheet for the facilitator
8. Writing down Agenda under supervision of SPRSMP staff – incorporation of any changes in agenda
9. All arrangements at venue; Preparation of Banner, seating arrangement, Menus of lunch and teas etc.
10. Ensuring multi-media arrangements
11. Logistic arrangements of all participants, especially of out-stations
12. Procuring presentations from the consultants/researchers in advance, getting its copies and follow up with the presenters
13. Preparation of the summary of TUS research studies
14. Recording minutes of the workshop
15. Writing up report of the workshop
16. Any other work related to workshop and work assigned by National Project Manager.
Qualification and Experience: The candidate should have Masters Degree in Social Sciences or Business Administration and three years’ work experience.
Supervision: The support person will work under the guidance and supervision of the National Project Manager.
Please send your CV to:
The National Project Manager
Strengthening PRS Monitoring Project
3rd Floor, Federal Bank for Cooperatives Building
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org