Post Title: Admin & Finance Assistant (Expired)
Terms of Reference
Project Name: Strengthening PRS Monitoring Project (SPRSMP)
Location; Planning & Development Department, Government of the Punjab
Post Title: Admin & Finance Assistant
Duty Station: Lahore
Posted on: May 19, 2011
Last Date to Apply: May 26, 2011
The PRSP Secretariat underpins the government's institutional mechanism for poverty monitoring. The PRSP Secretariat has been mandated with the overall lead in coordinating, monitoring, evaluating, and tracking the implementation of the PRSP; and reporting progress on anti-poverty public expenditures, intermediate social indicators, and final outcomes. A critical input in achieving the targets set out in the PRSP is the effective utilization of anti-poverty public expenditures.
The purpose of the PRSP Monitoring project is to strengthen institutional capacities for results-based monitoring and evaluation of poverty reduction strategies (PRS) and has the following three outputs:
- Public spending and allocations in pro-poor sectors analyzed reviewed and
analyzed through a gender lens to better understand the contribution and needs of men and women
- Quality, collection, analysis and management of PRSP data improved at national and province levels
- National engagement in PRSP monitoring mobilized through participatory processes
Tasks & Responsibilities:The tasks and responsibilities of the Admin & Finance Assistant include:
- Drafts routine letters, preparation of power point presentations, providing inputs to project Work plan and responding e-mail communications of different natures on daily basis.
- Assists in inviting quotations and making comparison statements for various offices needed procurements.
- Maintain policy, confidential and general files in a manner allowing rapid retrieval and ensuring easy retrieve-ability of documents;
- Classify and code material and maintain office files.
- Assist in arranging meetings internal and external.
- Makes travel arrangements for project staff and assists in processing the travel claims.
- Assists with all administrative and logistical arrangements for meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Maintains leave records of the staff members.
- Acts as leave monitor for project’s staff members.
- Maintains a proper filing system/inventory for the project.
- Maintain a list of addresses/phone numbers of counterparts and relevant GOP/Private Organization’s officials.
- Oversee the work of sub-ordinate project staff members.
Finance related Responsibilities:
- Process payments, review project expenditures and generate various reports through financial software.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports through financial software for submission to UNDP CO.
- Assists to prepare project budget and maintain financial record in Finance Software.
- Assists in calculating and compiling costs estimates and projected budget requirements and preparation of budget statements.
- Assists in preparation of payment requests/travel claims with the supporting documentation and liaison with UNDP for payments follow-ups.
- Performs any other duties as required.
Qualification and Experience:
Supervision: The will work under the guidance and supervision of the Provincial Project Manager.
- The candidate should have Bachelors degree preferably in the field of finance and accounting, BBA, B.COM, B. Sc
- Demonstrated computer skills for data processing (ability to use MS-Excel, MS-Word and MS-Power Point).
- At least 3-5 years experience in co-ordination of work and a good knowledge of standard practices and procedures related to administration and finance.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Experience with a UN agency/ project will be preferred.
Please send your CV to:
Provincial Project Manager
Strengthening PRS Monitoring Project
Room # 417, 3rd Floor, Planning & Development Department
Church Road, Lahore